Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Glass Menagerie

Sooo, at first I thought I would do my paper on THE GLASS MENAGERIE using symbols. Then I decided what character I might use and that was easily determined. Laura! I was going to use the fire escape, the glass  unicorn, and her nickname 'BLUE ROSES' but I couldn't get it to flow as well as I wanted it to. So then I decided to just use the "fragile glass unicorn" and break down the word to show the comparison between it and Laura. BUT....that was not correlating as well as I needed it to either. Finally, I just decided to take the easy route and analyse each character: Amanda, Laura, and Tom. I also thought I should add a little twist to it and show how each of them tried to escape reality and what they did in their spare time to do so.I'm pretty sure maturity of the class did the same, but it is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you wrote maturity of the class at the bottom of your blog, I think you meant to say "Majority"!. I'm surprised your tried so many approaches as to writing your paper. I'm sure most people just analyzed the characters as well. I wrote about escapism in all three characters. I'm just ready to be done with this essay!

    ReplyDelete